Food For Thought – Auto Insurers’ Online Marketing Budgets
In case you think you’re spending a lot on leads, take a look at the daily search engine marketing budget for some of the biggest insurance advertisers (from SpyFu’s Top 100 SEM Spenders):
- #4 progressive.com – $325,087.49
- #8 geico.com- $250,156.77
- #29 esurance.com- $86,412.22
- #85 cheap-car-insurance-quotes.org- $52,454.18
- #87 libertymutual.com- $51,930.71
Did I mention that these amounts are daily? If Progressive keeps up at that rate, they’ll spend $118.7 million in the next year. That’s a lot of clicks, especially at up to $52.55 a click (for the phrase “get auto insurance online“)!