Traffic School: Directing traffic to your site
We often talk about organic strategies for driving traffic to your agent site as opposed to pay-per-click (PPC) strategies such as Google Adwords. But, a PPC campaign is something to consider and explore, especially as a supplement to ongoing strategy for driving traffic to your site. Because you control when and where your PPC campaigns run, you can turn them on for immediate results when you need leads and then turn them off when you don’t.
One of our AgentMethods users, Jeff Williams, has been using Google Adwords to drive traffic to his site www.healthchoiceofgeorgia.com on an ongoing basis. With a monthly budget of $300 to $500, Jeff has been getting a consistent number of quote requests to justify the monthly expense. For Jeff the benefits of using Google Adwords is that he has total control of the campaigns, turning them on or off whenever he wants.
“With print advertising such as direct mail you have no control of when your phone is going to ring. Here I can decide when I need the added boost of using Google Adwords,” Jeff told us.
If you are considering a PPC campaign here some helpful tips to consider:
- Run you campaign on different days of the week and track the click through’s to your site to determine which days produce the best results.
- Try running your ads during different times of the day. Remember, if the phone rings you want to be able to answer it.
- Determine if there are any activities in you area that will keep people away from their homes and computers such as great weather and a special football game.
- Try different keywords in your ads.
- Install Google Analytics so you can see what visitors are doing once they come to your site.
- Don’t just focus on the campaigns with the best click-through rate. Pay attention to and invest in the campaigns that produce the most prospects.
- Try to constantly improve your campaigns. Take the best performing campaigns, create three new versions of them and see if one outperforms the others.
If you do decide on a PPC strategy here is a helpful guide from Google Growing Your Business with Adwords.