Conversion rate. The secret to getting more leads from your insurance website
Are you getting traffic to your insurance website but aren’t seeing the leads you’d hoped for? There are a number of reasons why this might be happening. Just to name a few - it could be customers looking for your phone number, prospects “checking up on you” before or after a meeting, existing customers reading your blog… But it also might be a problem with your site’s conversion rate.
Your insurance website conversion rate is the percent of people that visit your site (or page on the site) that complete a form. Conversion rates vary dramatically based on many factors including the purpose and design of a page, who is visiting and how they got there, and more. We’ve acceptable conversion rates from well under 1% to as high as 25%. But no matter what your rates are, it’s worth taking a few steps to improve your site’s conversion rate.
Here are five strategies you can put in place:
- Use a “Lead Magnet” – A lead magnet is a free digital offering, such as a PDF, video, or ebook, that you give away in exchange for contact information. Check with your carriers, FMOs, and associations to see what guides and ebooks they have that you can use. Here’s how you can add a lead magnet to a lead form on your AgentMethods website.
- Create focused landing pages – Rather than sending traffic from a social media campaign, pay-per-click ad, or email campaign to your homepage (or even a normal page within your site), send them to a purpose-built landing page. These are designed for conversion. You use very specific content that speaks to the exact audience you are targeting. AgentMethods subscribers – drop us an email about our landing pages (more on that soon!).
- Fine tune your offer – Your “offer” is what people get in exchange for filling out your form. Be really specific about your offer. Make sure it’s clear and matches what your visitors came for. In our experience, we’ve seen concrete quote-based offers such as “Free Quotes” or “See Rates” perform significantly better than consultative offers such as “Learn More” or “Get a Custom Plan”.
- Shorten your form – It’s tempting to ask prospects a long list of questions so you can be ready when you call them. But, be careful! Longer forms are harder to fill out and prospects may be nervous about giving out detailed information. For lead generation campaigns with high conversion rates, it’s best to ask only for the absolute minimum you will need to follow up with the lead.
- Test, test, and test! – Use an A/B testing tool such as the one built into Google Analytics to track your page conversion rates, and to test different variations of your pages to see what works best. Test your offer, form length, page design, and more to see what gives you the best results.
If you are looking to get more leads from your site (and who isn’t!), and especially if you are investing in any sort of online marketing, put these five strategies to work. It will make a difference in your lead flow.
Any questions? Want some help improving your conversion rate? Send us an email.