Online marketing has been in the headlines for the past decade and has been linked to real growth within the insurance industry. The internet has made it possible to advertise on a completely new channel. Remember how revolutionary “print” was? Well, the Internet is looking to take the crown.
The internet today makes it possible for small businesses to compete with the big companies on a more even playing field. Think of the internet as the wild west and you are here to claim your stake.
So which online marketing approach is the best? Recent research tells us email marketing reigns supreme. Email made it possible to send messages directly to the consumer. Here are a few tips to make your email marketing efforts a success.
Collect Their Information
Selling insurance is #1 but collecting info and building your email list has to be #2. An email list grows over time and can become a powerful tool for business growth.
• A prospects email is valuable and best way to collect it is with your website. The correct website layout with forms and landing pages that convert are the best way to collect info. Make your site simple and easy to navigate so shoppers can find where to go.
• Once you have a prospects email, the clock starts. You have a short window to respond and continue the conversation before another insurance agent does.
Take A Personalized Approach
Getting to know your target audience and the people you sell to is key. Focus on Familiarizing yourself with your demographic and learn how they operate. It’s important to know how your clients shop.
• Not all insurance products are the same. Decide on the products to highlight in your emails based on age, gender, location, etc.
• Customization effectively sells insurance. Use personalized emails to show who you are and to connect with your audience. Your approach is all you. Get creative and think outside the box.
• Mix up the format of the emails you send. Personalized and promotional emails should be mixed in with newsletters and happy birthday emails.
Research shows that Shoppers often interact with your business 7-9 times before making a purchase. Email Marketing allows you to show up unannounced to promote your business.
• Be smart and find balance in your approach. 1-2 emails a week is the sweet spot but switch it up if you need to.
• Keeping up with weekly emails can be tiring but remember, consistency is key. Allow time for prospects to get to know you so they can feel comfortable.
Email Marketing is one of the smartest routes you can take to increase insurance sales. Building your database and sending personalized emails is the quickest way to build relationships, sell insurance and increase referrals.
Let The Professionals Handle It
Writing and sending emails can be time consuming. If you want to focus on selling, AgentMethods can help you send automated pre-written emails that will boost your sales today. Schedule a 1-on-1 demo